learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 9, 2011

17 Days Old: Questions

how is your BABY??? how is being a mommy? is your mind boggled? are you grossed out? what? do you recommend it? i could use some recommendations. :)
–from an email from a friend


Baby is awesome! She's so amazing. I find myself just staring at her a lot. ;) And being a mommy is mostly awesome, although sometimes it is really hard. I've still got the crazy hormones going on, so sometimes I just break down and cry because she is crying! But most of the time, I love it. And yes, my mind is totally boggled. Brandon and I both sometimes look at her and are just like, "We have a DAUGHTER. How weird is that????"

Giving birth was pretty gross. Poopy diapers are kinda gross. Her umbilical cord stump that only PARTIALLY fell off and is now oozing? VERY GROSS. But somehow it doesn't seem to matter too much. We were at the photographer last week, and I was trying to get her calm for the photos, so I went upstairs to the photographer's little boy's room to nurse. We had gotten her naked for one of the photos, so I had her sort of half wrapped in a blanket while she ate. And then? She had an EPIC poop all over my lap. I yelled for Brandon to bring me the baby bag, and while he was helping me clean up, she did it AGAIN. All we could do was laugh.

Nursing hurts like a bitch. Everybody said it would, and it does. But everybody also says it starts to get better around week three, so I am crossing my fingers for that. Labor hurts like a bitch. Pushing hurts like a bitch and was super scary to me. I had three tears, and those hurt, and the stitches are uncomfortable. But I got through all of it. It didn't kill me. :) I guess my body actually does know what it's doing.

I guess my answer is that looking into this tiny person's eyes, all the negative stuff was worth it. I don't know if we'll have any more, but if I had to make the choice again to get this little person, I would absolutely do it. In a heartbeat. Does that answer your questions? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment