learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 8, 2011

16 Days Old: What I Love About Breastfeeding (and Happy Mother's Day!)


Eight to 12 feedings a day are starting to take their toll; last night I actually cried a little because it hurt so badly when my daughter latched on for her 3am feeding. But breastfeeding is something I'm committed to doing, and there are actually parts of it that I love, so I thought I would list those to give me something other than the soreness to focus on:

  • I love the snuggling time we get when I burp her
  • I love staring back into her eyes when she's staring up at me
  • I love the feel of her soft head in my hand or in the crook of my arm
  • I love the chance to slow down my thoughts and just be in the moment
  • I love the feeling of power that being able to feed and soothe my child gives me
  • I love the "chicken pecking" kisses I get when she's hungry and looking for lunch
  • I love that, even at only a few hours old, she knew how to wiggle down and get into position without any help from me
  • I love it when she clutches at my hand while she's eating
  • I love the opportunity to be still and be close to her—even when there are a thousand other things that need doing

No comments:

Post a Comment