learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, July 22, 2011

Three Months Old




Dear Devyn,



We are at your Gran and Pop's house in Dallas for this three-month birthday, and I'm having such a wonderful time showing you off to everyone here. You have gotten to meet your Great-Grandma A. and your Poppy, which is so special for me. It is amazing to have four generations of our family together at one time.



You're growing so fast. You weighed 9 pounds, 14 ounces at your last weigh in, but I'm sure you are past 10 pounds now. You love to listen to me sing the alphabet song, which is your favorite right now, and you watch me so closely, studying how my mouth moves. I feel like you're learning all the time. You don't like to ride in your car seat very much and tend to fuss when we put you in. But you were pretty good on the airplane (which makes me glad we decided to fly instead of drive for 14 hours!).



You're grabbing the rings on your play gym pretty regularly now and you're also playing with your "squish," a toy with wooden beads and elastic strings. You also LOVE to hold onto a burp cloth or blanket and stick it in your mouth.



Your cousin Grey is so enchanted with you! He says "BA BA!" all the time, which means baby, and he wants to pet you and watch you and see where you are. It's adorable!


This month in the wider world, the space shuttle launched for the last time; a brand new nation, Southern Sudan, was officially born; and Betty Ford, our former first lady, passed away.



I will write more about our visit to Dallas soon, but right now I will close by telling you how much you are loved by everyone in our family. Your Gran and Pop, of course, adore you. But your Grandma A. can't stop talking about how beautiful and bright you are, and your Poppy is just enchanted with you and loves to hold you and give you kisses. When you smile at either of them, their faces light up with joy, and I will hold that image in my heart forever.



Love always,

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment