learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 3, 2011

10 weeks, 2 days: Updates

  • Devyn has started scooting. I put her in one end of her pack and play and sometimes she ends up at the other end—or wherever her head runs into the wall of the cot. She can only scoot backwards by pushing with her legs.
  • She's also sleeping through the night by textbook standards, which means six hours at a time. She normally wakes up once per night to eat, and then sleeps another three or four hours before getting up for the day.
  • I made my first baby food puree for storage! Devyn will be eating pureed roasted turnips sometime in about six months or so. ;)
  • Just about two weeks until I taker her on her first airplane ride. I'm a little nervous she's going to scream the whole way, but what are you going to do? Babies cry. It happens.
  • Brandon is the best dad and husband ever. I had a rough day last week, and when he got home, he took one look at me and said, "Why don't I take the baby and you go somewhere for an hour?" I took him up on it and it really did help. He's incredibly thoughtful and such a great babysitter, to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment