learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, February 25, 2011

30 weeks

  • Hauled my pregnant self to the rec center pool today in my pre-maternity bathing suit (yes, it fits... barely). That's right people. Living the dream. In spandex.
  • The pool visit was precipitated by our first meeting with our new doula, Whitney, last Sunday, in which she calmly told me, "You're about to run a marathon. And you have to finish the race whether you've trained for it or not." Yeah. That sort of got my booty in gear. I've gone for brisk walks Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, and went to my first prenatal yoga class at a gym on Wednesday. (I've been doing a DVD since the beginning, but this was my first out-of-the-house class.)
  • Don't think I mentioned it, but my glucose test came back and said I actually had low blood sugar (even after drinking all that syrupy drink). So they told me to eat more often. HA! That is SO not a problem.
  • Did my first load of baby laundry yesterday. I have a big box upstairs in the nursery with all the soft stuff I want to wash before baby gets here. Maybe someday I will feel like it is "done" enough to take pictures. I ordered the elephant for the wall and the bunting flags last week, so they should arrive any time now. And Brandon has to go to work tomorrow, so maybe I will tackle painting the closet doors... Maybe.
  • We are also going to see a lawyer tomorrow about family planning and "wealth" management (where the value of "wealth" is a little different than most people's, I'm sure). But we want to make sure we have a will, power of attorney documents and that we name people to take care of baby should the unthinkable happen. Here's hoping we never need any of it!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you on all the exercise...I like this Whitney person pretty well so far...love that she makes a statement and doesn't beat you with it!!

    ReplyDelete