learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, February 11, 2011

28-Week Update



  • Went for my 28 week checkup today, and everything is looking good. Bean's heart rate was right where it should be and my belly is measuring right where it should be (she was two weeks ahead last time, but now she's right on the money).
  • Did my glucose test to check for gestational diabetes today as well. It wasn't that bad. I had to drink about eight ounces of flat, over-sweet Sprite (lemon-lime flavored dextrose syrup) and then wait an hour and have some blood drawn. We'll know by Monday if there's anything to know. They'll also check for anemia.
  • And I had my Rogam shot. Seems weird that they don't even test Brandon to find out if he's negative or positive, but whatever.
  • While I was waiting my requisite hour, they had me watch a video on recognizing preterm labor, and I got all weepy just looking at all the mommies and babies. This does NOT bode well; in fact, one of my big fears right now (they change almost daily) is that I will be a crying, blubbering mess through my entire labor. And don't even START on when they hand the Bean to me for the first time... I might be getting weepy just thinking about it. BLAME THE HORMONES. (It couldn't be that I am also somehow genetically predisposed to waterworks... no...)
  • Got my diaper bag in the mail today from Aunt Marti and Uncle Joe! Thanks guys! Anyone who knows me can probably imagine how excited I am to get new organizational tools in my life. No, really—I'm thrilled! So many pockets!
  • I'm washing my first ever load of diapers. I bought some gDiapers on my sister's hearty recommendation, and the instructions say to wash the liners six times in hot water before using to soften the hemp even more. Brandon asked if it was also to get rid of all the THC, and I told him he if you could get high by putting hemp on your bottom, hippies would have figured it out long ago.
  • We are going to dinner with friends tonight at a Mexican place. I will sigh with longing as they order Margaritas. It's not the alcohol I miss; it's the having something more fun to order than water or lemonade or iced tea that I REALLY miss. On the upside, MEXICAN FOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment