learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, October 15, 2012

Music Class

Dear Devyn,

Can I brag on you just a teeny-tiny bit?  Because I know I am your mom and genetically predisposed to be proud of you, but you are just so freaking amazing sometimes that I can't hold it all in.

This morning we went to Kindermusik class, which you just love. I am so glad I decided to bite the bullet and just pay the money and sign us up, dang it, because you absolutely blossom and shine every time we go.

This morning you were making all the mommies and daddies smile and laugh.  As soon as the welcome song started, you ran to the middle of the circle of parents and babies sitting on the floor and started dancing.  The song has us do an action to welcome each baby in the group, and you were doing your darndest to mimic every single one: swaying, waving, stomping your feet, clapping, spinning and more.  I am so, so impressed with the way you really participate in the class, rather than just sitting and watching.  And at home, you sing along and dance to all the songs and you've started making choo-choo train noises, too.

You are a big helper whenever it is time to put the toys and instruments away in class.  You are sweet and gentle with all the babies, and you play with the bigger kids so nicely.  When Miss Adrian (our instructor) was saying goodbye to you today, she called you her little rock star.  And you SO ARE, my little love!

And please don't hate me for this, but you did it all with your pants falling down and your belly hanging out.  You are in a strange place in clothing sizes, my darling; your 12-month shirts still fit your shoulders, but they are too short when you reach your arms up (as I discovered this morning!).  I already knew that your 12-month pants were too short, but your 18-month pants are way too big around the middle.  I tried to put a safety pin in the waistband this morning, but you are a wiggler and I did a poor job. Oh well!

We have made a new friend at Kindermusik too, and her mom suggested we have a play date next week, so I will be looking forward to that.

I'm just having such a good time with you right now, my lovey.  You are an absolute joy, when you're not being an absolute pill—it all comes with the territory and I love every minute of it.

All my love,
~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment