learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 25, 2012

11 Months Old

Dear Devyn,

Oh, child.  Beautiful, wonderful child.  After I took this photo, as I was processing it on the computer, I found it took my breath away.  Who, I wondered, was that big girl smiling back at me from that picture?

You are changing faster and faster every day, it seems.  Your babble and talk sounds almost like words.  You point to everything you see and seem to "ask" what things are.  And we are thrilled to tell you. We play peekaboo a lot now, and you love to clap your hands. You love to explore and go anywhere you can.  You're becoming more and more affectionate, giving us hugs and kisses.  And you are such a flirt!  You make friends with everyone you meet.

I can't believe you're almost a year old!  I hope you'll forgive me if I cry a little on your birthday; it's a little bit of sadness for the baby you were, but so much more happiness that I get to meet the little girl you are becoming!

I bought you a little birthday photo outfit today to wear when you have your pictures made for your first birthday!  You love to shop. (Which works out, because so do I!)



You've got two new teeth poking through on the top, but they don't show up in pictures yet. And, as you can see from the photos, you are incredibly close to standing up on your own without support.  Last week you stood up and grabbed your walker toy and took off on your own.

You are a fearless eater.  You'll try anything we put in front of you, from Korean lemongrass beef to tandoori chicken.  Zucchini is a favorite lately, as is any kind of protein.  We're still nursing three or four times a day, but we've finally given up your middle of the night feed, and you've done really well with that.  You still wake up around 4:30am, but you usually put yourself back to sleep pretty quickly.

I can't tell you how proud I am of you, Devyn.  You are such a joyful little baby.  You make our lives so amazing, and I'm so grateful to know you.

So, until next month when we're celebrating your first birthday, my love!

Always and always,
~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment