learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

24 weeks, 5 days: Savoring the Moments

I went back to bed this morning with my angel in my arms.

Some mornings, Devyn falls asleep in my arms while she's eating her 6am meal.  And some mornings I manage to slip her back into her crib, undisturbed.

But this morning, I thought to myself, How many more days do you have when she will fit so perfectly in the crook of your arm?  How many more mornings are there when you will have the luxury of taking your baby back to bed with you, cuddling her and snuggling her while she sleeps, when you won't have somewhere else to be?  How many more moments like this will there be?

And the answer was too few.  Too few by far.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you know this...I have this sense that both you and Emily understand how fleeting these times are and that is both a blessing and a curse! I read this from you and I see Em's little notation of 18 month old Grey and my heart is full of memories.

    ReplyDelete