learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, August 28, 2011

18 weeks, 2 days: Party!


We held a little "sip 'n' see" for miss Devyn Fae this weekend at our house. Just a bunch of friends, a giant bowl of sangria and some yummy nibbles. I didn't take nearly as many photos as I should have, but in my defense, I was busy hosting!

Above, you see miss Devyn in her party dress. That dress was actually purchased by her Gran in hopes that it would work for her 11-days-old photo shoot. But here's what she looked like in it then:



It was a little big.



This handsome gentleman is my friend Todd's son Max. He was so incredibly sweet. He asked first if he could give the baby a kiss, and then he wanted to hold her. Todd told me that he's a very sensitive little boy, and I could tell. I told him he would make a great babysitter in a few years.


And this is our neighbor Jane, who was thrilled to hold Devyn for the first time, as she broke her wrist around the same time Devyn was born and has been afraid to hold her until now. She wasn't sure she wanted to give anyone else a chance!

We had a really nice time. Apparently, all my friends are *GREAT* cooks and brought really yummy stuff including three kinds of dip from Todd, fresh tomato bruschetta from our neighbors Ester and Jose, Mrs. Weasley's blueberry muffins (from the official Harry Potter cookbook) by my friend Jennifer, and wild porchini mushroom spread from my friend Wendy! Brandon was the hit of the party with the under-12 set because he agreed to do a demonstration and feed his carnivorous plants on demand. And it was just really fun to have all our friends over and to see all their kids running around in the back yard. It made me envision birthday parties of the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment