learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Afraid of PARENTING

I saw a deal recently for a subscription to PARENTING magazine for only $1. And I really truly thought about subscribing to it. But I didn’t get it, because I’m afraid of how PARENTING makes me feel afraid.

They’re certainly not the only culprits, but they’ve got this thing down pat where they take any little thing and make it into a BIG thing we’re meant to be afraid of for our kids.

I’ve been reading the Free Range Parenting blog, and I’m discovering that I don’t want to be so afraid. In fact, I wrote my editor’s notes column for the baby magazine about that very thing.

I made a commitment not to renew some magazines I was getting that didn’t jive with my lifestyle (SHAPE magazine, for one) and I just decided that PARENTING probably didn’t live up to that standard either.

Do you have any family or parenting magazines that you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment