learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 6, 2010

Expanding

I feel like I have expanded considerably in the last few days. I realize this is actually unlikely, but it feels that way. My elastic waistband jeans that I was wearing up by my belly button now feel like they're cutting me in half, so I've taken to wearing the waistband below my belly, but that makes me feel like I'm kind of... hanging out there. Even with long shirts.

And this is doubly strange for me because I am so very very aware of my belly. It's always been a source of anxiety for me, the size of it especially, and now, to be expected to flaunt it for lack of a better word, well, it's very weird for me.

I'm so used to sucking in my stomach all the time, but now, it's getting uncomfortable. And I'm having to reteach myself that it's OK to let it go.

Which is a pretty powerful metaphor, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment