learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 3, 2017

Words to Remember

When was born, I had this sense over and over again that she was my tiny zen master, here to teach me lessons. Well, I'm preparing for another one of those lessons today.... I will not be attached to the outcome of our shoe shopping trip today. It does not matter if she tries on 80 pairs of shoes and doesn't like any of them. It does not matter if she says the shoes are simultaneously "too big" and "pinchy". It does not matter if the shoes are super freaking adorable but she doesn't like them. It does not matter if the only shoes she ends up liking are the exact same size as the ones she says are getting too small. I am sending loving kindness towards myself and my daughter's ridiculous preconceived notions about shoes and feet. Om shanti. from Facebook
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment