learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

I look forward to seeing you.

Dearest Devyn,

I want you to know that I get excited to see you every time I go pick you up from school.

It seems a little silly, because you're only gone for like two and a half hours, but I miss you, and I get excited to see you!

I'm writing this here, because I have a feeling there are things you won't really believe when I say them to you later. I'll tell you that I love spending time with you, or that I think you're amazing, and you'll just chalk it up to me being your mom.

But I'm hoping that if you read this, years from now, you'll realize that I wasn't just saying things because I'm your mom and I'm "supposed to." I really do love spending time with you.

Your Aunt Wendy told me last week that a neighbor saw her recently and said, "Are you doing some babysitting?" And she was confused and said, "No, why?" And then she realized the lady was talking about you! She doesn't see her time with you as babysitting, she said. She just thinks of it as hanging out with Dev.

No comments:

Post a Comment