learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Few Rememberies

On Friday, I picked Devyn up from school and we drove to the liquor store so mummy and daddy could have a beer with their pizza, and as we drove up and parked in front of the store, she said, "That says T-O-T-A-L-B-E-VYN."  Well, she was very close.  (It's actually Total Beverage; I think she got a little ahead of herself when she got to E-V and thought she knew the rest.) But I was pretty impressed!  She even got the A, which on the sign is upside down so it looks like a cup with drink in it.

She can now spell two words: DEVYN and MAMA.  She can't write them, but she can spell them!

Last night, she got out of bed in the middle of the night for the first time. The last two nights, she's woken up crying because her noise machine is off.  (She says it just goes off by itself, but we're pretty sure she's turning it off at some point.) So that happened at around 1, and I went and turned it back on for her and came back to bed, easy peasy.  Then I woke up a little before 3, I and thought I had heard a door shutting and her say "Mama!" but I was still in that haze of just having woken up from a very deep sleep, and so I wasn't sure for a moment if I had dreamed it or if it had really happened, but then I heard a shuffling, and sat up, and there she was.

We tried to ask her what was going on, but all we got was a very rambling story about dog poop, so I'm going to assume she was dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment