learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 19, 2011

34 weeks and 3 days: These are the moments

A few quick thoughts for a Monday morning:

  • All I wanted this weekend was to pick up some Christmas pajamas for Devyn.  I did not realize this would require visiting THREE stores on the busiest shopping weekend of the season!  TJMaxx only had a handful of Christmas outfits, not pajamas.  Target was sold out of all but the really hideous ones in her size. (And believe me, I wasn't being super picky; there's a reason they were left over.) Finally we went to Kohl's and battled the crowds and found the LAST pair of red and white striped 6 month size pajamas with a reindeer on the bottom.  Next year, I'm going to buy her Christmas PJs as soon as they show up in stores—in July.
  • I think my never ending craving for guacamole while I was pregnant has rubbed off on Devyn; I mashed up a quarter of an avocado for her for lunch the other day and she cried when it was gone until I mashed up another quarter.  It's her favorite food right now, and she routinely eats half an avocado at a sitting.
  • We swapped out her toy box this weekend (we have two that we switch around when she seems to be getting bored with the toys in one) and this morning she found the little soft dolly that was in the box.  She had a spoon in one hand and the dolly in the other, and for a moment, it looked like she was trying to feed the dolly with the spoon!  But then she stuck the doll in her mouth.  ;)
  • She has learned how to not only hold her sippy cup by herself, but tilt it up so that she actually gets water out.

No comments:

Post a Comment