learning to be a mom one twist at a time

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, October 3, 2010

10 weeks, 1 day

I have spent the last four days in abject fear of going to the bathroom.

I have seen blood twice, thin and red and fresh, and much more than there should be.

I have been to the OBGYN office and been consoled by nurses as they injected me with Rogam.

I have been consoled and terrified in turns by my family, the internet, my friends.

Everyone has a story. Everyone has a theory. Except me.

I have only the power to wait.

I have been put on “pelvic rest:” no pushing, pulling, or lifting. No laundry, no vacuuming, no yoga. Feet elevated. Rest.

How do you rest when you’re so afraid?

I suppose this is when I realize how real it is, when I am afraid for the life a few weeks ago I wasn’t sure was really there.

I am terrified. I am trying to stay positive. I am not always succeeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment